- Gatwick Airport is a major economic driver for the Gatwick Diamond. It generates around 23,000 on-airport jobs and a further 13,000 jobs through related activities. In addition to this the Gatwick Diamond itself is a fantastic tourism destination with its many hotels and leisure and recreational activities on offer.
- tourism [ˈtʊərɪz(ə)m] noun
- (noun) The commercial organisation and operation of holidays and visits to places of interest.
Gatwick Airport is a Founding Partner of GatwickDiamondJobs.com and regularly advertises recruitment positions on the job board. Check if they are currently recruiting
Find out more about their Trainee Schemes in Security and Engineering
If you’re Interested in any aspects of aeronautical activity, you may want to look into the Royal Aeronautical Society the world’s only professional body dedicated to the entire aerospace community.
Benefits of the membership include;
- Free 1-2-1 careers guidance for UK-based students
- Support towards professional registration (EngTech, IEng and CEng) with Engineering Council
- Get involved with their Young Persons Committee which has over 6000 like-minded young professionals worldwide. Exclusive chance to enter the Young Members’ annual Aero challenge competition
- Access to Scholarship Schemes such as the Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Use of their internationally renowned National Aerospace Library
- FREE places at RAeS Conferences (subject to availability)
- Access to the Members’ area of the Society’s website where you can update your contact details
Here are some examples of entry level jobs in this sector:
- Air Cabin Crew
- Airline Customer Services Agent
- Customs Officer
- Leisure Centre Assistant
- Tourist Information Centre Assistant
If you’re continuing into further or higher education, please click here to see many other options available to you.
Remember. . . you can always get a job in Sales, Marketing, IT, Human Resources and Finance in any sector.